We are continuing our series with the second new lovely UnderCover colour: Blackberry! Read on to learn how to create this fun new color and what else you can do with it.
Mixing UnderCover Ink and Filling Markers
What you will need to try our experiment:
- 1x RefillOne 705 Blackberry
- 1x RefillOne 050 Cover
- 1x RefillOne 000 Empty (this will be the “mixing bottle”)
- 1x Neuland BigOne® Art, Empty
Directions to Create UnderCover Blackberry Ink:
- Thoroughly shake the Cover ink bottle until you hear the mixing balls moving freely. This will help ensure the white pigment is evenly distributed in the ink.
- Add 4x refill bulb lids of ink from the white Cover ink into the empty mixing bottle.
- Add 1x refill bulb lid of 705 Blackberry ink into the mixing bottle. Now you have the two inks in a ratio of 4:1 (cover ink:color ink) in the mixing bottle.
- Securely close the lid of the mixing bottle and thoroughly shake the new ink formula until fully mixed.
- Fill your empty BigOne Art marker (per our normal refill instructions) with your custom UnderCover ink.
- Remove the lid of the marker and SLOWLY add 4½ refill units of ink to the empty BigOne Art marker.
Please note, wait for ink to reach the tip of the marker. You’re now ready to start visualizing with your self-mixed custom 705 Blackberry UnderCover ink!
You can find detailed refill instructions here on Markerpedia.
Storing Cover and UnderCover Markers:
If you plan on storing your Cover markers and self-mixed UnderCover markers for an extended period, it’s best to store them horizontally. However, before using them, make sure to place the markers upside down in a Novario box. This will ensure that the tip receives enough white pigment. And remember to “put them back to sleep” after you’re done using them. This way, you’ll always be on the safe side of excellent results!
You’re in for a surprise if you think that’s the end of our experiment. Did you know that you can blend the inks directly on paper? The different compositions of the ink formulations allow the water-based color inks and the permanent cover ink to be mixed on paper!
Mixing on Paper
- Draw a filled in shape with 705 Blackberry ink on black paper.
- Take a Cover marker and dab in the filled in shape.
Since the water-based ink will not permanently dry, it will mix with the water-based Cover marker ink and the two colors will mix. Now, you have a cute berry with the 705 Blackberry UnderCover ink.
UnderCover and Outliner inks
When working on black paper that you have already carefully drawn on areas where no other ink should go, think again! Our Outliner ink will work directly on the UnderCover ink areas beautifully!
Are you enjoying your two new fabulous UnderCover ink colors so far with Ocean and Blackberry?
If yes and we’re confident you are, then look forward to the next new UnderCover in chapter 3 coming soon!