Imagine being in a calligraphy class or art workshop taking notes but all the pages look the same. It’s hard to look back and remember what you wrote and where to find it. What makes one line of text differ from the rest? Link to video
Learn to sketchnote!
It’s a great learning tool you can use when taking notes in class and workshops, journaling vacations, and telling a visual story.
Designed with the calligrapher or lettering artist LEARNER in mind, in this course, we will:
- Explore a variety of materials used by professional and amateur sketchnoters.
- Learn about the importance of listening for learning.
- Adopt a fast lettering style to use when rapid capturing and vary it up to fit your style and needs.
- Practice hierarchy and page composition to help you organize your thoughts and guide the reader’s eye across the page.
- Draw simple objects quickly to serve as mnemonic devices.
Listening as a visual practitioner, sketchnoter or graphic recorder is different than listening for the learner.
This course is designed with the learner in mind.
Sorry, it is not intended for professional visual practitioners. It’s great for artists, students, calligraphers, and lettering artists.
Free live session:
Saturday, May 16, 10am – 4pm MDT
To sign up for the session and receive updates including log-in instructions, click here!
NOTE: For those attending the free session on May 16, you will receive free access to the online course. Public release date: May 31. Can’t wait? Pre-register today for early access to the resources.
The session will be recorded and available for purchase here.
In addition to the sketchnoting videos created for this course, if you purchase or are granted access for this course, you will also automatically receive the How to Write like an Architect online course (a $25USD value) and access to Unlock Your Neuland Markers at www.LetsLetterTogether.com.
That’s 3 classes for the price of $25USD.